Pages

General Motors IPO and Industrial Smoothing

Our economy is in the poor position that it is in because our imports are more than our exports. See my post about our trade deficit with China here. Also see my other postings on the Economy. There you will see that the solution to our economic problems is to "make more stuff" and stop importing from our enemies. Pretty simple, but obviously hard to do for some.

A couple of years ago, I bought $2,000 worth of "old" GM stock. It was around $5/share, a pretty good buy at the time since "GM could never go bankrupt". Well, that was then. Now I have about $200 worth of Motors Liquidation Company, the government and the union own GM, and the "new" GM is issuing their new stock. I think I will take a pass.

Here's a good video as a supplement to my post regarding QE2 (printing more money). Looks like we are our own worst enemy when it comes to doing what is best for our country.